Tuesday, October 2, 2007

perfect breakfast snack

This afternoon the SnackManiac received an urgent email from Matthew: cousin, photographer and fellow blogger, regarding a wild new chocolate bar. With bacon in it. He asked the question you are undoubtedly pondering, "I love bacon. I love chocolate. But this?"

This INDEED.

It was just my luck that Biagio Fine Chocolates, a shoppe RIGHT on my corner (!!!) carries the snack in question, Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges. (P.S. I highly recommend a pop-in to Biagio, it is like a museum and the proprietors are quite helpful. I am going to start bringing a pretty bar of chocolate to dinner parties instead of a bottle of crummy wine. (Invite me over, I will bring a TREAT!!!))

Anyhow, I had the "Haute Chocolat" while my dinner was cooking, you know, as an app. (I wanted to make sure I had a clean palate.) It was the best! The chocolate was very melty and fancy, the bacon bits were tiny, crispy and salty. You have to be prepared for it to be a bacon chocolate bar, not a Mr. Goodbar, otherwise you might be startled and drop it on the ground.

I could not be happier with my purchase. Only possible drawback? This snack might have more saturated fat than literally anything. Good thing I don't know how to read those complicated nutrition facts charts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart chocolate AND bacon! How fantastic!

WB said...

man, bacon bloody mary's at bar pilar and now this. bacon truly is making an in-road into civilized society. great find, snackmaniac, i can't wait to try this!

Anonymous said...

All I know is that even though I only had one bite of that bacon bar, I was thirsty for a week.